Sew Fab: Norah Nightie and panties - BATMANIFYED

By ari - December 15, 2014

 Sorry, the word panties always makes me laugh. I don't know why, I just can't ever take anything seriously if the term panties is involved. So I'll be calling them knickers, which will probably make YOU laugh.


Anyway! For me second part of sewing some rad stuff from the Sew Fab Pattern Sale, I decided that the Norah Nightgown and Panties was definitely on the todo list. I'm a sucker for handmade underwear, since I've been sewing Eddie up a hoard of little knickers (yeh man! the girl is toilet trained already!). The pattern is by Greenstyle Creations, which I was vaguely aware of but super excited to try out. I was very impressed with the pattern and the instructions! I thought it would be a little tricky, totally wasn't. The only tricky part was when my overlocker decided to chuck a fit while sewing the knickers.


 I sewed it up using a t-shirt dress i bought off ebay that was always too tight and too short for me. It's basically a Lazy Oaf knockoff, which annoys me because knock offs are not okay in my book! However the fabric was cool and I never wore it so I hacked it up into a cute nightie and boy-leg shorts set!

I wish I could show you what it looks like on, completely. Those undies make my ass look so fine, but there really is no tasteful way to show you my rear end on the internet, so instead you're going to get a flatlay and you can use your imagination. Instead of making the undies from one fabric, I colour blocked it. The pattern is for boy-shorts and a 'thong' (LOL I AM SORRY! I'm like 15 sometimes. In Australian, thongs are for our feet aka what Americans call flip-flops, so to me, what you guys call a thong i call a g-string)(I never thought I'd be having this conversation on my blog ever.) ANYWAY, the boy-shorts have a seam up the front and back, leaving the sides seam free which is kinda cool.


Most of you would make this sexy, and while I can do sexy i really didn't want to. I wanted to do practical, I wanted to do me, aka geekify all the things.


You cannot get this pattern elsewhere at the moment, it's not going to be released until after the sale, so you should probably go get it now and get a head start because this little cute pattern is definitely going in my "most often used" pattern box! 

There's only a few hours left (18 hours at the time of this posting!) to go get your Sew Fab bundle before it's gone foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. Check out the facebook page for other people's stitchings!


Please go check out my friend Kelly's nightie and undies because she did a REALLY fantastic and tasteful job and I think she deserves a lot of page hits and comment love!!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. It all looks great! And where did you find a batman knit!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S I totally missed the entire paragraph where you said where you found batman knit....I feel silly now ;)

      Delete
  2. I really didn't see this in the pattern. So want to try it out now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW! Thanks for the love! I love yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS some pretty wicked batman fabric. <3 Good call making it into something you can use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric and am insanely jealous that you have Eddie toilet trained - any tips? (my two year old will sit, do nothing and then pee on the carpet - sigh!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!