Tutorial: Faux Henley Tee

By ari - January 21, 2012



I have a stack of tees I need to reconstruct and resize for my little Monster, shirts I've bought from the op-shop or shirts that Tim doesn't wear. I really need to get cracking on them because he's so tall and skinny shop-bought things don't fit him so good anymore, not to mention I'm trying really hard to have most of his wardrobe handmade. Instead of just straight resizes, I decided to mix things up a little.

I made this Superman tee first, from one of Tim's shirts. I loved how it worked out so I made another.


This Blink 182 one.


And then I decided I would make another and make a tutorial for you!


I'd never really heard of 'Henley' style tees until I started blogging. I guess it's an American thing? I always thought of them as collar-less polo shirts, or undershirts that looked awesome as regular shirts. Haha.


Download the pdf here! If you make one, please add it to the Flickr pool!


Pin It

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Oh man, I love Henley tees. Ya know, I love buying them for my son, but I've not made him one. This is totes on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love the Superman one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of Henley style t-shirts till I read this. I love all the versions you've created. Thanks for sharing the pattern!!! I've pinned this. I know 3 adults who would just love that Superman t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! I am going to feature it on my blog:
    http://seemesew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Mens Shirts Store is of surprising quality in the material and stitching. It is comfortable and fits great. Maintains it's deep black color after machine washings.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!