One Month

By ari - August 20, 2012

She's actually 6 weeks old today, but here is Edison's One Month photo. I was reminded to post this up by Inder's One Month post. Did you know her daughter Maggie was born the same day as my little Eddie?

It's crazy that her hair is so long already that gravity affects it
Since one of her middle names is Wednesday, I'm going to take a photo of her in a Wednesday Addams dress every month. She barely fit into this one! {Sorry about the terrible quality. My phone is dead and I had to grab this pic off facebook. Ew}


Her other middle name is Rae. Not after Rae from Made By Rae I swear! I am a fangirl, but her name comes from the song "A Little Ray of Sunshine."

I was having a very sad day, I'd had a bit of a shock when we went in to book in for the C Section and I was bombarded with information I didn't want to know about. I like to live in a blissfully unaware world {I don't watch the news for this reason}. Then I was reminded of a horrible tragedy we had in the family earlier this year. I came home and for some reason started thinking about this song.


This song is a song my father 'gave' to me when I was born. It's been my song. Check out the lyrics:


Her father says she has to have a name
Not the same as her mom's, but a name just the same
A little ray of sunshine has come into the world,
A little ray of sunshine in the shape of a girl.

We'll show her the dress that she'll wear
With the gold flowing hair that nature provided
A little ray of sunshine has come into the world,
A little ray of sunshine in the shape of a girl.

A little ray of sunshine -
I want to know if you think she looks good in the pink,
That grandma has bought her ... our own little daughter.

She can make you feel good,
She can make you feel that it's all worthwhile,
Only by her smile, only by her smile ...

Have you noticed she's just like her father,
And i think that i'd rather
Her hair was much darker,
A little ray of sunshine has come into the world,
A little ray of sunshine in the shape of a girl.

She can make you feel good,
She can make you feel that it's all worthwhile,
Only by her smile, only by her smile, only by her smile ...
Talkin' 'bout my little ray of sunshine,
My little ray of sunshine,
Little ray of sunshine


Suddenly I decided I wanted to tie in this song to my daughter's name. A little tribute to my dad. My song that I was giving to my daughter. I asked Tim if we could add Rae to her middle name Wednesday. I thought he'd flat out say no, since he hates the idea of multiple middle names. Since we had a rough day he was feeling sentimental also, family is so so important to us, so he said yes!

We told Dad she was getting another middle name, since everyone knew she'd be Edison Wednesday the moment we found out it was a girl. He was confused, but the only hint I'd give him was that he would cry. After she was born, and we had no contact with anyone for hours and hours {I was stuck in the recovery room for a very long time}, my father finally met her and asked me what her other middle name was.

I told him her name was Edison Wednesday Rae, Wednesday after Wednesday Addams and then I asked him to guess what the Rae was from. He couldn't figure it out, until I croakily started to sing the song with the oxygen tube in my nose.

He burst into tears and gave me the massivest hug.

Mission Accomplished

Man now I need to get around to writing her birth story and my dramz of breastfeeding {We got it down now} and how unfun an elective caesarean is compared to an emergency one!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. OMG I got all teary reading this :( what a beautiful sentiment to have rae in her name :) so so precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww - I love how you came up with her name, what a special thing she gets to carry with her her whole life. My baby girl turns 4 months tomorrow, 4 MONTHS - 1/3 of a year... I will not think about this. I will instead plan a photo shoot for her for the boy's naptime ;op
    ps- you made the wednesday dress right??? it is stinking perfect on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a very sweet idea to put her month on the chair, it will be so sweet when she is a big girl& can sit in it! I'm sorry to hear that your elective c section wasn't what you had hoped. I had such a terrible experience with my emergency c section, i cried reading your little boys birth story. I hope that you will share your daughters story as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that's such a nice story. I'm all teary now! Edison is so amazing & adorable, I can't wait to have my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The most ADORABLE picture! She's beautiful. I really can't wait to read your birth story x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo, an a beautiful little girl! I love her name(s) - she is a ray of sunshine! Your story is so touching. I felt similarly about choosing Joy as Margaret's middle name. Not only was it my wonderful grandmother's middle name, but little Maggie is just such a JOY to me, it seemed extra perfect. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!