Vintage-esque Sweet Bonnie

By ari - November 20, 2013



I was lucky enough to do some pattern testing for Shwin Designs a few weeks back! She needed some super fast pattern testing for the Sweet Bonnie Top in preparation for the Pattern Anthology Winter Wonderland release and I managed to have this printed out, cut out and sewn up over the course of the day.


It was a long-sleeved pattern, but I made it short sleeves, and there is an optional pocket which I left off (although a red pocket on the chest would be totally cute). The fabric was half a metre of this cute vintage-inspired quilters cotton I bought from Spotlight before I decided to never shop there again. I managed to have some scraps of red that were just enough for the collar.


I love the exposed zipper feature in the back, and I used a navy metal-toothed zip from my zip stash. I really need to beef up my zip stash!

The Sweet Bonnie top is a raglan sleeved top with a peter-pan collar, exposed zipper and the long sleeve version has cuffs. The neckline is fully faced, giving it a beautiful professional finish on the inside that is quite simple to do. I really loved sewing up this pattern! It reminds me of the Secret Garden Dress that I made Eddie before she was born :D


The sizes go from 12 months right up to 8 years. I'd love to lengthen this into a tunic and pair it with little leggings in the Autumn! You can buy this pattern from Shwin Designs



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!