Vincent's Fourth Blazer

By ari - January 13, 2014


Hullo!

I'm a little excited because I have been sewing for Vincent again and there is seriously nothing that I enjoy sewing more than stuff for him. Sorry Edison, but them's the facts!


At the end of last year, I was a bit drained. I'd bought a house, moved several times to get to the house, and was generally stressed out to the Max California. I had no sewjo, and the kids had HEAPS of clothes. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't sew for them for a while, and by making that unconscious decision I just stopped sewing. Luckily Robin from Pattern Revolution contacted me and asked if I wanted to be part of her pattern tour. I checked out her newest pattern, and I just couldn't say no!


Canaan's Incredible Blazer is a fully lined blazer with a revere collar and optional hood. You can also add elbow patches if you want, and two styles of pocket flaps (there's a 'girly' version!). There are also optional shoulder straps, which of course I added because epaulettes = love!



 I sewed up the size 5 for Vincent, even though he is a 4. It's not blazer weather here at all. Well it is, sort of. It's BLAZING hot. Errr, I've made that joke twice now and I still find it amusing! Anyway, I didn't want to make Vincent a beautiful blazer he wouldn't get much wear out of this season, and as you can imagine my kids' wardrobes are crammed full of handmade clothes (and awesome hand-me-downs in Eddie's case!). So I am sewing a season ahead! I always think it's something I should do, but now I am actually doing it! This lovely blazer is now put away in Vincent's Winter Clothes box, and I'm really excited to fill it up with handmade things!



I made this blazer up in a suiting fabric I bought at the op-shop about a year ago, for $3. I have about 2 metres left of it too, so I am planning on some pants to match! The hood is black fleece, to make it kind of look like he is wearing a hoodie under his blazer. I lined the jacket with black poplin, but the back lining is scraps of black batman fabric. Also the sleeves are black and white striped because I was running out of plain black.

It was a little tricky to sew. Maybe because I haven't sewn anything like this in a while, it's not just a t-shirt you can zip up on the sewing machine! The blazer requires a little bit of time, and a bit of concentration. I unpicked the hood from the back of the jacket about four or five times, however I was determined to not let it get the best of me! However now it is done, I am really in love with it. It turned out how I envisioned, which is AWESOME, but it looks really comfortable and I can't wait for him to wear it in the colder weather!


There are a lot of pages to print for the pattern, but I kind of preferred it this way because it meant that putting the pattern together was quite straightforward and simple!




Come play tourist and check out the other stops on the tour!


Canaan's Incredible Blazer is available at the My Little Plumcake shop now!

PS. Can you believe Vincent is FIVE this year, and is starting school in just 2 weeks?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!