Bundle Up: Peplum Top!

By ari - June 20, 2014


I got the opportunity to sew up some of the Jocole Patterns for this pattern bundle! I did make the Jocole skinnies, but I did a terrible job and really didn't want to take photos and show them off to you guys as it would be a bad reflection on the pattern and the patternmaker! So instead today I'm just showing off the Ladies Peplum Top from the same pattern company!


I'd never sewn with Jocole Patterns before, but I was in for a treat! The pages I printed came together perfectly, and I sewed up a straight Medium for myself and it fits so well! The instructions were easy to read, well illustrated and perfect for beginner or advanced sewists alike!


I bought this lycra to make some leggings out of, but I kept looking at it when I was looking for fabric for this top! I kept eyeballing it and then decided to cut the leggings out of the fabric, and if there was enough left then it was meant to be.


Obviously it was meant to be! I had just enough to make the cap sleeve version! I had to cut the back of the peplum with a seam instead of on the fold. Normally, i would not think to make a top out of lycra. HOWEVER, these are the days I live in where I wear spandex leggings nearly everyday because Black Milk has enabled me to do so. I'VE BEEN ENABLED. And it feels amazing. This is a very comfortable top and makes me feel super sexy!


Eep snuggles with Jackasaurus Rex 



You can buy this pattern a part of a bundle of women's patterns, all the details are here or you can click the button below!



There is also a Giveaway you can win an overlocker and Girl Charlee giftcards amongst other rad prizes! Enter here



Check out the other stops on the tour here:



June 20
June 21 
June 22
June 23
June 24
June 25
June 26
June 27

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You look amazing, you have such an amazing figure! And I am in love with Jackasaurus Rex 💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome job - I love the fabric you went with and the fit is spectacular on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I've never tried a peplum top but everyone looks so great in it and that I'm going to have to break down and try it out. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! That looks amazing! I was just wondering if you would share where you purchased the polka dot fabric? I think I need to make a polka dot peplum now. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!