30 days of Shirley Temple

By ari - March 03, 2015

Evening!

So a few months ago I thought how cute it would be to do a Shirley Temple inspired series, just people making Shirley Temple dresses because fashion from the 30s and 40s was so adorable for little girls. It's hard though when you think you're the only one that would really care about such a thing so it just sort of went away because then there the hectic holiday period and lots of silly real life crap to wade through. That was until I randomly started looking at cute Shirley Temple dresses again a few days ago, and then suddenly I realised I'd seen that mass of curls and chubby cheeks, thoselitlte rosebud lips and that cute button nose somewhere else...


I don't think it's just me, but I really think that the older Edison gets the more she looks like Shirley Temple! That was it for me, it was all over, Eddie MUST have some Shirley Temple dresses and since she has become a dress-only, twirly princess ballerina I know that she is going to be pretty pleased with some new pouffy dresses to add to her wardrobe. Although once I get an idea it sort of snowballs and I felt that maybe she should have one for each day of the month. So that;s thirty, thirty Shirley Temple dresses and then I figured, hey, I'm going to blog about it right? May as well make it a THING!

not edison
I mentioned my idea to a few and then put it up on Instagram just to see what other people might think and to my surprise I am not alone! I'm pretty excited and I have no idea what I'm doing but right now I am announcing that for April we will be celebrating 30 days of Shirley Temple!



I don't want this to be a stressful sewing event, you certainly don't have to be as daft as I am and sew 30 dresses but if you would like to sew just one, or more, please do! At this stage I'm not sure if I will be putting a linky party here or a big round up post later of everyone's dresses or feature them along with my posts whenever someone makes one! The plan is still forming but if you have any ideas or would like to participate in any way please leave a comment or send me an email (max@max-california.com). Even if you just want to spectate you're more than welcome ^_^

If you do want to sew along feel free to do your thing! I'm going to making a few replicas, a few 'inspired by' dresses, maybe I'll do a giveaway with a few of the dresses too! So yeh, what do you think?


Follow Max California's board 30 days of Shirley Temple on Pinterest.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. OMGoodness!!! If you can pull this off I will be sooooooo impressed. I will read every word of every blog post even if I go to bed at 3am. You are not going to get much sleep in April. Seriously! Good luck. AMAZING!!!!!

    If I get any time I would love to sew one too (just one) but not sure I'll get a free moment in April.

    P.S. I actually come to your blog to invite you to join a little competition we are having at Madeit Patterns, but I can see you are faaaar too busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude you can't just do that! lol. send me an email! What's going on?!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure I'll be able to join the fun and sew along, but I would sew the Charles dungarees by Compagnie M and a red shirt as seen on Curly Top, https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4rcwaZ2UT1qd2v1vo1_500.gif, do it for me if I can't! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my list! I LOVE overalls on my daughter!

      Delete
  3. Best. Idea. Ever. I love The Little Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    and that is all I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super stoked about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if Mack would let me curl her hair??????????????

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!