Alleycat Romper to Dress 2.0

By ari - April 29, 2015


I have sewn SO many of these Alley Cat Rompers, both as they are designed and also with the tweaking of turning them into a dress. And yet, how many have I blogged? This'll be the third. I really should get onto that but hey, baby steps! To tell you the truth the only reason I have blog-worthy photos of this dress at all is because she wore it when we went to Stanthorpe for a bit of a roadtrip a few weekend ago. We headed to our favourite cafe/deli Vincenzos and then went across the road to Sutton's Juice Factory who make the BEST apple juice you will ever drink, AND the most delicious apple pie. Stanthorpe is seriously so great, a lot of my family go for all the wineries there but I go for the food!


She's finally starting to grow UP so the dress is getting a little too short at the front there. I followed Jess's awesome tutorial for turning the romper into a dress. I'm pretty sure I have made about 5 of these now? And one watermelon shirt using the bodice part and extending it down into a shirt for my niece Ruby.

The floral bodice was from a knit skirt I got from the op-shop the coral skirt and bodice lining was metres and metres of secondhand fabric from St. Vinnie's for just a few bucks. I seriously love going op shopping!


There's not much more else to say about this dress, it's such a quick sew now for me and without any closures it's so easy to take on and off. It's one of those dresses that when it's not being worn it's because it's in the wash pile because she wears this constantly.


It's finally deciding to be Autumn here and the weather is rainy and cold (we have the fire on!) so posting these beautiful sunny day pictures is a bit bittersweet but at the same time I'm really excited for winter!

 
I sewed the Alleycat Romper here, and also an Alleycat dress with woven fabric here.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love comments!