Mermaid Lil Skater Dress and a Star Wars Patch Vest

By ari - July 09, 2017

A few months ago i went to a friend's surprise baby shower, and normally i just buy things like nappies and boring but useful things - you know? Well this time I decided I wanted to sew something up for the bub instead! 



I went with a tiny skater dress (pattern from Kitschy Coo - the baby add on is free) made up in the scraps of my mermaid fabric. IT IS SO CUTE, i can't handle it. It will be a while before the lil recipient is big enough to wear it but I'm sure she's going to look so damn adorable!


I also made a little patch vest for her for when she's much bigger (like 2 or 3!)(it fits her brother, i'm wondering if he's been rocking it out instead). The little bub's dad is hella into star wars so I made it star wars themed, cutting up an old shirt for the back patch and stitching on some star wars fabric for the side panels. I've been collecting trims and patches for a few years now, and still collecting them, because I plan on making A LOT of patch jackets and vests in the near future!


These pics are soooo bad because I took them the night before I wrapped them up and handed them over!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. That vest though! I remember how much fun patches are when i made that tank girl hat and i just love the studs on this! coolest jean vest around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i looooved your DIY patches, you'll have to send me a photo later of them after a few wash & wears, i'm super keen to make some

      Delete

I love comments!