T-Shirt Surgery: Safari Raglan

By ari - July 05, 2017


I have recently rediscovered the Safari Raglan in my pattern stash and reignited my love for it. Honestly it's such a great basic raglan sleeve pattern to have in your arsenal, and i reach for it more than any other when i'm whipping up a shirt or a dress for eddie.








the best part is that it's helping me make a dent in my stash of shirts that i've been hoarding for far too long for t-shirt surgeries.


This safari raglan dress I used a shirt and then some random weird stretch fabrics in my scrap bin. It turned out actually much better than I was anticipating, lol. My family fully support my hacking up old clothing habit, so they either donate things my way specifically for it (or when they want something back they remind me "don't cut this up") and this yellow shirt came from my sister (I remember her wearing it about 10 years ago!)


This was a super quick sew, just the perfect project for when you NEED to create but you're not sure what to do yet. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something rapid, so I do things like this, and other times i'm in the mood for something more labour intensive (which you will see my grand project I am SLOWLY working on - soooon)(and by soon i mean probably the end of the year, but it's so worth it I promise).

The safari raglan comes as a shirt pattern but also with the dress length option too. It's by titchy threads and if you have the rowan tee pattern you can mix and match them both for many different options!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love comments!