Bella Maxi Dress

By ari - March 11, 2016



The cool thing about sewing for Pattern Revolution is finding patterns I wouldn't normally ever thing I would sew up, and then completely falling in love. I mean, there's loads of cool things about PR including little sneak peeks at upcoming pattern releases, but probably the main thing is the community. I love my PR girls and their talent! My goodness.

ANYWAY. For the Simple Life Pattern Co's celebration of being in business for a year I sewed up Bella's Maxi Dress. Edison is so into maxis right now, I love it even though they're not the greatest for the activities she decides to wear them for. Instead of saving her pretty dresses for fancy events, Eddie dons a dress every day. It doesn't matter how dirty it gets, how it affects her ability to climb ladders in the playground or slide down a pole; she feels like a damn princess and that's all that matters to her! (try convincing her to wear sensible shoes lol)



It was such an easy pattern, which I liked because it doesn't look like a basic dress. The pattern only needs you to print out the bodice piece and the rest is rectangles you can measure and cut out which is super simple! The black is a sheet, I used up the rest of it on a dress that will be reviewed over on Pattern Revolution in the next few days. The purpley-blue watercolour fabric is the leftovers of the fabric I bought for Edison's Ariel-inspired two piece!


The bodice is made from a small scrap of pretty fabric I scored at the op shop for a few cents. I don't know what it is abut it but I really love it. Anyway it really doesn't take that long to sew, and everything is very simple and straight forward. I love the double straps on the bodice, although you can choose to have one or the other (straight straps or the V-shaped ones)


I used the excess bias-binding I made for the straps as a little headband for Eddie. She had the best time twirling and dancing in her barefeet and pretty dress. It was a good time, fresh and happy.


All the fabrics are just simple cottons, so it's easy to wear, easy to wash, easy to dry. We're going back to the beach for the easter holidays (i'm totally counting down to it!)(15 days!) and this is definitely going to be one of the things I pack for her. it's low maintenance, it's pretty, and she can dance and get covered in sand and korean cuisine (we'll be definitely visiting our favourite resturant!). Can you imagine her running and playing on the beautiful beaches in this? I can, it makes my heart happy! (Maroochydore is our happy place!)







  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love comments!