Freddy Shirt

By ari - March 03, 2013

Why yes I have been busy after PR&P. It was just unfulfilling sitting around and NOT having anything I HAD to sew. So I've been making myself busy. I've been pattern-testing for a friend, planning some awesomeness with my hetero life partner {as her husband calls our relationship} and waiting for my sister to have her little baby!


This morning I made this tee for Vin, cutting up an old Emily the Strange tee I once loved to pieces {there are holes in it. I love that thing}. It originally had a print on the front, but it peeled off. It was weird and I was bummed since Emily the Strange gear isn't cheap.

Anyway once I had babies, my body completely changed, mainly in the chest area, so this tee became WAY too small and short. I'm definitely not into midriff tees, not even slightly cropped as this one was now, my tummy skin is a mess.


So this was in the refashion pile, and when I was looking for something to cut up to try out Dana's new pattern, this kinda jumped into my hands. The pattern is simple & straightforward, easy to use! It's a one-size pattern, for 4 or 5 year olds. It fits my skinny 3.5 year old pretty well with lots of room to grow. And it's free!


I've made tees before. I've made HEAPS of tees, I've reconstructed them for myself, for Vin, for Eddie. I got this. Knits {this is American for stretch fabric. Not actually knitted with knitting needles fabric ^_^} are not so scary to use, if you are worried use lots of pins and check out Dana's guide to stretch fabric and also Rae's series on Knits. Both very helpful if you are intimidated!
 

 It's been raining for weeks and weeks, since the start of the year. There's so much flooding happening in towns around here, and one wall of our house has to be replaced! We're living in two of our three bedrooms, so frustrating but I know that people down the range have it A LOT worse than we do. Every time it stops raining I send Vin outside to jump on his trampoline. There is definite cabin fever going down here.


Anyway, go try out that pattern. It is super simple & easy!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great Australian weather ;) we are flooded also and it hasn't stopped raining for a full 24 hours in the last month! :/ definitely cabin fever! We are bouncing from summer clothes to winter clothes like we live in Melbourne, but we are in Queensland! Ha. Love the stripes on his tee and those gumboots, we have stockpiled a few here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince looks so stylish in this outfit! I can't get over how grown up he looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! Yeah life partners indeed. So super cute and I love that you call it the Freddy T. We're (and by that i mean jon mostly ;-) horror movie dorks too. Those little pant look so great and comfy. Stylin', girl. Much love. Xoxoxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! Yeah life partners indeed. So super cute and I love that you call it the Freddy T. We're (and by that i mean jon mostly ;-) horror movie dorks too. Those little pant look so great and comfy. Stylin', girl. Much love. Xoxoxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shirt! What pants is he wearing? They are super cute too! I'm sorry about your wall. Here's hoping the weather starts looking up for both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it with the blazer & the boots! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there a pattern or tutorial to reference for the drop-crotch pants he is wearning? They are awesome and I have been looking for a pattern or tut for that type of pant... I know it can't be too hard, but I'm always looking for someone who's already "done the math", you know!?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!