Pumpkin + Kale Salad

By Max California - March 05, 2010

Ok I've got to be honest with you, this one I was very hesitant to try. I'm an incredibly fussy eater, and I didn't like the idea of this thing called Kale ((which I totally thought was a type of seaweed...y'know, kelp...)) or teh idea of raw pumpkin. But I decided to give it a taste test, and then grabbed another helping!!

You could even eat this raw salad on a cold day because the dressing gives it a bit of zing!




Here's the recipe!

6 leaves of Kale - cut the backs of the leaf stem off and tear the leaf  into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup Jap pumpkin - diced
1 tomato - chopped
4 slices red/spanish onion
1/2 cup mung bean sprouts
6 leaves sweet basil - chopped

Dressing
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Coconut Oil
Pinch Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt

Mix all the ingredients together and pour the dressing over the top. 


YUM MUM!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What is Jap pumpkin? A special type? Or pie pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!