Kids Clothing Week - Day Two - I broke my overlocker

By ari - April 24, 2012

EDIT: Tutorial + Pattern for the slouch beanie is now here!

Yeppppp. What the title says! Lucky I still have a sewing machine but it really broke my heart. I totally and utterly killed my overlocker. I think I'm going to have to get it serviced. It was my own fault, trying to resize a pair of jeans for Vince that were turning out REALLY CUTE and looked so good. And it was just too thick for my poor machine to finish the seam.

I wanted to cry. I very nearly did. I only JUST fixed my overlocker myself on Sunday night in time for KCWC and two days in I go and murder the poor thing.

Ugh.


I did get two slouch beanies done though. Not an epic accomplishment like yesterday, but at least this evening I can cut out patterns and see what I can do. My mum has the same overlocker as me and she lives right behind me so perhaps if I'm very good and ask very nicely?

Hint Hint: Mum are you reading this?

Anywho, before I slaughtered my poor Elna, I managed to write a tutorial for a toddler slouch beanie! It's super easy and all you need is an old sweater or a t-shirt. Make sure it's stretchy!

I have a pattern for it, and if you like I can scan it in for you to download + print? Let me know.

I'll post the tute up later tonight.

EDIT: Tutorial + Pattern for the slouch beanie is now here!


So I cut up two sweaters and made Vince slouch beanies. They were so easy! The jeans he is wearing in these photos are the ones I made him yesterday.


This photo cracked me up, like he was going really fast on his 'motorbike'



I asked for his Superman Stern Face. I got this. Hahah.


I still need to take photos of the leggings  I made Edison yesterday! Maybe tomorrow when I'm not so disappointed in myself for breaking my overlocker!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh Max that's so sad about Elna! But so happy for this cute as pie little beanie. I am definitely interested, what a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to go get my mum's! I know I can sew without an overlocker, but I want it. ahha.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the pattern! I love how these turned out. Off to oohhh and aaahh a those adorable jeans ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bonnet looks like Jack Ass inspired. Your kids looks cute on those jeans and bonnet.
    cruyff trainers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get pattern!? baby__10@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can get it right here! http://www.max-california.com/2012/04/tutorial-toddler-slouch-beanie.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!