Oranges & Lemons

By ari - October 19, 2012

I got the chance to pattern test the Whimsy Couture Ruffled Bolero a month ago and it was SO exciting and fun!


I chose some cute oranges fabric I had made into a wrap skirt years and years ago, and cut up another green skirt for the ruffles. I was testing the size 12months, since it was the smallest size and was perfect to make up for my best friend's daughter Amelia!


I was making up two testers but just ran out of time. The second was in pastel colours, but I made this at the beginning of September and it was like the weather suddenly went YEY SPRING and got beautiful and sunny and warm!


The day I got to get some pics of Amelia in it I was like GUSHING with excitement over the weather. I've still maintained this high. My back patio is perfect for lazy days watching the little guy run around with the hose {we have two rainwater tanks so we don't have to worry about water wastage!}.



This was such an EASY pattern to sew from. It took me a few days to do it because I found it hard to make time for it, but when I did it was great. I love the big button on the front.


And how cute is the back view, that ruffle along the neck is adorable on Amelia!


I gifted this to Amelia, I figure we get all her hand-me-downs anyway so it will be making it's way back to us eventually! ahah. We're pretty lucky like that!

You can buy the pattern for this cute jacket here from Whimsy Couture!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh this is so very sweet - I don't have kiddies of my own, but I do love seeing the things you make! Especially when I see something I would like to make for my nieces & nephews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute - how great to get to test a pattern!!! I seem to always see the testing calls too late, and the sizes I could do are gone ;op

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I am in love with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for blogging about my pattern!! It's a very cute bolero on that little girl!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!