Hooded Hipster Singlet

By ari - December 02, 2012

Hi guys! I'm guest-posting over at Project Run & Play today!


I've written a tutorial and made a free pattern for you to download for this Hooded Hipster Singlet. Its size is for a 3 year old, and I have made 7 of these so far! They are quite easy to whip up once you've made one, and in this {Australian} weather they are perfect and airy without sacrificing being hip.

It has a roomy hood, which I am so so proud of. I drafted it free hand and I guess I've made enough hoods now in my life the pattern for it came out PERFECT first try. Like totally perfect. You gotta love small wins like that.

I made this one from some green fabric I sprayed with bleach when I was making myself a Boba Fett dress. The dress never happened, so I used the fabric for this grungey singlet instead!


Another purple one. This fabric is so awesome and thicker than regular t-shirt fabric. It's so nice to work with. I'm going to be sad when it is all used up!


I'm a huge fan of yellow! I think I'm in the minority but I love how happy it makes me feel!


I reconstructed a shirt for this one, but didn't have enough for the hood, so I used black for a contrast hood.


You can even make it without a hood, like I did here by reconstructing a shirt of mine:


I also made a black one with a rainbow striped pocket but its in the wash!

Head on over to Project Run & Play and check out the tute, it's easy! While you're there, auditions are open for Season SIX!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This was one of my favorites from the Sew Along Group, great job. I am thinking about making similar for my little girl but maybe cutting the neck a little lower and use it for layering. Probably something like this:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/43580220@N02/5583850917/in/photostream

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!