KCWC: Rae's Dragon Slippers

By ari - October 14, 2011

If you know me, then you know that Rae of Made by Rae is probably one of my biggest inspirations for awesome stuff for little kids. I love everything she does, I love her adorable little babies, I love her clever brain, I think she's amazing!

Earlier this year, for Celebrate the Boy month, Rae did the cutest tutorial for dragon slippers! I was going to make them right away, but better late than never right? 



I used red fleece for the outside and black for the inside. The little tongues are just red felt. The little ridges is white ricrac and the eyes are black buttons! The soles of the shoes are lined with red felt to keep them soft, and the bases I used the rest of the scrap of black fake leather that I used on my Harley Quinn costume. I was really impressed with the fake leather, I don't even know what it was but I scored it at a second-hand shop, my friend Emily found it for me. I wore the shoes I had made for two days straight on bitumen and cement and the bottoms of them weren't even scuffed or scratched!  



It was almost impossible to take photos of him in them. He was way too busy skipping, jumping, leaping and rawr-ing.


And stamping



I made his Pyjama pants too, a whole quartet of them, but I'll save that for another post


Rawr

I was making a few things yesterday, and didn't finish any of them until this morning, which is why there was no Kids Clothes Week Challenge post yesterday! I'm making up for it today though, wait and see!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

I love comments!