Sweet Ham Steaks

By ari - November 08, 2011

I bought the Aldi cookbook a few months ago and can I just say I LOVE IT. Best recipes, I know that every ingredient is at my local Aldi store and Tim gets excited that I actually feel like cooking.

A week ago I made these. Tim was out of town so it was tea for two with me and my date, my little Monster. He helped me cook, and he tried to learn how to use a knife... upside down.


Sweet Ham Steaks

Ingredients {Serves 5}

432g can pineapple slices in juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g ham steaks
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard

Instructions

  1. Drain the pineapple slices with a sieve over a bowl and save 1/4 cup of the juice
  2. Heat the oil in the pan to a medium high heat and add the ham steaks
  3. Cook for 2 minutes on each side and set to the side
  4. Add the pineapple rings to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
  5. Add the white vinegar, brown sugar and wholegrain mustard to the pan. Bring the ham steaks back into the pan party
  6. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring for 2 minutes. 
  7. Allow to cool a little, the sauce will thicken
  8. Eat up yo!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love comments!