Hello Yellow!

By ari - November 04, 2011


Well we did it!

And by we I mean Tim did absolutely everything. I put some tape down in one corner and Monster put some tape on the floor to help.

We painted a feature wall!


Our house belongs to my parents, we're super lucky! Two of the bedrooms are already painted pretty {the end room has an ORANGE feature wall} and Monster's bedroom has a moss-green feature with the other walls being like a taupe. The studio in the backyard has a turquoise wall. My mum is mega into feature walls.

The house is cute. I love it. What I don't love is the peach rafters and the peach floral paper border around the walls.

This is after we took the border off the wall. SUCH a difference in the paint colour.
I really don't like the colour peach, and I think the more I live in this house the more my dislike for the colour grows.

When Tim + I decided we wanted to make our house into a home, we asked my parents if we could paint at least one wall. For the year we've lived here, my mother knows how much I have not enjoyed the peach floral border, but forbade me to do anything about it.

She gave in!

So we painted it 'retro gold'

I am so in love with it. Yellow makes me so happy and  it brightens the whole area up even more{there are a lot of windows in the small living area, which gets lit up so nicely in the day}.

It took tim about 2 hours to prep the area, bleach/sugar soap/mold inhibit the wall and to tape up everything. Then it took him about an hour and a half to do the first coat, and later that night he did the second.




 He painted this wall yesterday!

Tim's pooped face

Ugh it makes me so happy, and mum + dad really like it which works!

Little Monster + his bestie Little Genius playing :3
We have plans for black + white accessories in the living area, you may have already noticed here and here! I'm going to make black and white striped curtains for all four windows in the area {those blinds above the table are going! There are similar blinds around the corner in the kitchen}. We're also going to make little papel picado mexican-inspired flags to go across that peach beam that runs above The Wall. The dining table and chairs Tim is going to paint gloss black.

Now to convince mum to repaint the rest of the walls ^_^ I WILL conquer the Peach Floral Border

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow that looks amazing! I think I'm starting to like yellow more and more :3. Good luck on the battle of the peach paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous color! I can't wait to see what else you do with the space.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!