Circus Party Pt 1: Party Favours

By ari - June 05, 2012


Here's a quick post about some of the party favours I had for the circus party we threw a few weeks ago.

I got the idea for colouring in books as party favours from one of my favourite blogs, Chez Beeper Bebe. She wrote a tutorial for her way here, but I changed mine up A LOT. I scoured the internet for free circus themed colouring in pages, these are some of the places I found some good stuff {the links take you straight to the circus-themed ones}:


You can download the colouring in book pages I put together here. They;re all ready to print out, just put them together and fold them in half!

I didn't include the cover, but it's quite simple to do yourself. Just open up Microsoft Word and change the layout to 'Landscape'. Then make it into two columns. The left side is the back of the book and the right side is the front. I printed out the covers of the books on coloured paper, but you could use coloured card.


For the spine of the books I made some bias-binding from scrap pieces of fabric using the Scientific Seamstress' bias tape maker {free}! Easy and fun! Then I folded the bias tape over the folded edge of the colouring in books and stitched it in place! So easy and looks so cute.



To go with the colouring in books I made some crayons. I tried a different technique to what I usually did and it worked SO much easier!

Click Here for the tutorial {it's a PDF and you can download it if you'd like}

I bought some circus chocolate/candy molds from eBay and used them to make these cute crayons! I really love how big and chunky they turned out, and after the party I got lots of pictures from my friends of their kids using them.

Some other party favours that were in the bags included red foam noses, a few sticker sheets, a handful of the mini bean bags I made for the Bean Bag toss game and the Knock Em Down games and also a few tiny little rubber duckees that were for another game.

Mini Rubber Ducks from eBay
Mini bean bags made by me and filled with rice! Details soon
I put them all in these big animal print gift bags and stuck a few circus stickers to the top. I gave one bag to each family, since there were a few kids that were siblings there.



Hope that gives you some ideas for home made party favours!




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. DIY coloring books with fabric binding?! I'm soooo using that for Azriella's next birthday! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are really cool! i love seeing handmade party favours :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!