Wanderlust

By ari - September 15, 2012

It's Spring.


Source: etsy.com via Adam on Pinterest


The days have already become warmer and the long winter is just a memory of when I was pregnant and couldn't warm up. Everyone laughs at me when I say I'm cold. I live in Queensland, how cold can it get? Pretty damn cold. My town is ontop of a mountain range. The cold is gets into your bones. I've never re-adjusted to the weather here since we moved back. I always need a hoodie with me just in case. 

Today was perfect and reminded me that Summer is on its way! I'm still wearing the mini dress I wore all day. No hoodie, no slippers, no pj pants. It's daylight when I wake up and daylight when Tim comes home from work.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED winter. I used to pine for winter for layered clothes and cute beanies and boots, fingerless gloves, scarves! It's so much more of a hassle being super pregnant in winter. Then having a tiny baby born in winter. The heater was on all the time, we had so many blankets on our bed I decided against co-sleeping with her.

But now the sun is shining down on us and warming us up, my outdoor patio is finally built so I can just work on making it look pretty. I put a couch out there, I want to make a patchwork throw for it, so I can soak up the afternoon sun with my kids. Like these curtains.



I'm really drawn to the gypsy/bohemian/hippy aesthetic right now. It's just calling to me what I'm thinking of when I think of the warmer weather. Lazy days with no plans and happiness, surrounded by pretty things. And the beach. I want to go to the beach a lot.



I really love this outfit. It's cute.



I want one of these chandeliers, coloured glass, to hang in one of the trees outside.



Flower crowns and arm parties



Lots of bubbles!



I really want one of these hammock chairs



I wish! hah

Source: google.co.uk via Adam on Pinterest




I'd love this but our trees aren't that tall or big. I wish there was some way I could think of to hang these under the patio



Pretty beads.


Fairy lights!


Love this skirt

Source: etsy.com via Adam on Pinterest


Moccasin boots!

Source: gypsyville.com via Adam on Pinterest


I've already started a patchwork skirt for myself!
Check out my Summer inspiration board on Pinterest, W a n d e r l u s t




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh man, this hits me so hard right now. I kind of want to throw the kiddo in the back of the car and follow the summer around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird, it never really occured to me that we live on opposite sides of the world. Here summer is gone and autumn is knocking on the door...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooooove this. As you probably already figured out. ;) Now, how to do a preggo boho look without just looking homeless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving this too and tempted to jump on this wagon. But as for me I'm on a twenties jag right now. Funny how as creatives we get obsessed with something for a little while. I'm constantly changing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!