Nevermore

By ari - September 29, 2013

Eddie can walk! She is now officially a toddler, choosing to stagger around instead of crawling about 99.9% of the time. It's pretty exciting and pretty darn cute! What I'm excited about is the fact that it is SPRING (even though it feels like Summer right now, yeesh!) so I can bust out all her little dresses I had packed away for when she started to walk. Crawling in a dress looked like it totally sucked, little knees getting caught up in skirts! Active crawly babies need activewear, but now she can walk it's time to SEW ALL THE DRESSES!


I used the Baby Slip Dress pattern from Suburbia Soup. It's so easy and best of all, FREE. OH and best best of all, multi-sized! 6 months to 6 years, it's a perfect little simple and easy pattern to whip up! I used the 12-18m size on Eddie, and it fits her really well. It's a little snug around her tummy, so I think I will do the 18-24m size next time, but keep the same strap length as this size.


The fabric is Nevermore, by Katherine Cordega. I recived a few fat quarters as part of my winnings from Project Run & Play, and I had been eyeing off this range the entire competition (Keep your eyes on the prize!). I can't find the grey colourway or the feathers in her shop anymore, but the purple & the blue ravens are still there (I got those as well ^_^ ) and in her shop policies she mentions being able to reprint nearly most of her designs so you're in luck!


PS. She is holding her current favourite lego mini figure, one of the Gamorrean Guards.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Ahhh! I wish I was Edison sized so I could wear this. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is so stinking cute!! I can't even believe how adorable that dress is, and I never could have imagined such an awesome use of that fabric. Seriously, I love it. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! :) And perfect for the warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EDISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3 :3 :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Fall of the house of usher was what I read this sunday after I got done reading my bible. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness... this is adorable!!! Loooove it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!