Spring Inspiration

By ari - September 03, 2013

So on the 26th, it will be my turn to participate in Winter Wonderings' Operation: Project $0. I'm a bit excited about it, but haven't started my garment/s yet as I really have NO clue what to do yet. I'm going to suss out the previous bloggers' offerings to see what is expected of me!


Check out the line up!

I met Suzanne when we competed in PR&P season 6 together. From the beginning, we made a pact that at least ONE of us would be in the final 3. It wasn't like a rig-the-vote kind of pact, of course, but it was more of a support. One of us will get there. Surprise surprise, we BOTH made it into the final three! Throughout the competition, we emailed each other almost every day offering support and sneaking peeks and it was just such a neat feeling that we were doing this together!

Suzanne is a girl after my own heart. I know I have mentioned my awe of her recycling clothing skills before (her summary post of how much it cost to compete in PR&P caused a penny to drop with me and I have since stopped buying brand new fabrics and recycled even MORE) so I was super stoked to be asked to play along. Seriously READ THIS POST.

A few days ago, Suzanne posted her inspiration collages for what her three cutie kids will be wearing this season. So I thought it would be fun to show you my ideas for what the kids will be wearing this summer. The warm weather has come early to us in sunny Queensland, and it is SO welcome up on the range where I live! Winter has been cold, and the sunny days had us hoodwinked with cold winds! We finished up our winter by heading to New Zealand and seeing the snow so now we are well and truly looking forward for warm sunshiney days!

This spring & summer we are thinking bright colours! Fun prints! Seeing kid knees and chubby baby backs and of course making sure we are staying sun smart and wearing cute hats! How about a swimsuit and boardies?

Here is Edison's inspiration board, although knowing me I will probably make one thing that she NEEDS and a bunch of stuff that I see last minute and HAVE to make whether she needs it or not. (I also have a few dresses and a blazer I'm sewing up that aren't included in this list!) I love her in overalls, so a few of them are on the list. Black and white stripes with neon/bright contrasts are my new favourite thing right now! She needs some shorts for summer, ones that fit well, so I will be on the hunt for a good pattern that FITS. First stop, Caila's free shorts pattern here!


Mint accented shorts - Lillibulle
Denim Shorts - Bobo Choses
Denim Overalls - American Apparel
Denim Romper - Old Navy
Mermaid Romper - Pigve
Bow Shorts - See Kate Sew (fre pattern)
Lavender accented chevron skirt - made by See Kate Sew (pattern by Violette Fields Threads)
Black & white striped skirt - Leo & Violet
Black & White striped jumpsuit - Bang Bang Copenhagen

Vincent needs *surprise* more shorts. Shorts with pockets, shorts in cool prints, shorts made from sturdy fabric for rough playing, shorts made from soft knits for jumping on the trampoline and jumping on the couch, shorts in solid colours - basic, plain, can go with anything! More of these and more of these and definitely more of these!



Yellow striped shorts - Scotch & Soda
Yellow banana harem pants - indikidual
Red tartan shorts - Rock Your Baby
Miami boardshorts - Rock Your Baby
Grey skate shorts - RUUM (formerly 77 kids)
Yellow pants with blue pocket - Begin with B

Why don't you write a post about your fashion inspiration and link it up to her inspiration post? I'd LOVE to see everyone's style!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!