Wednesday Addams, Mother of 2

By ari - September 24, 2013


Today I'm over at Made with Moxie to celebrate Selfish Sewing Week! I'm a bit honoured to kick it off with this Wednesday Addams dress!


I was given the Angie Dress pattern by Sis Boom to review, and I was both excited and scared! I mean sewing for myself is okay, sewing for myself to show off to other people is a bit intimidating. Especially since it's been almost 5 years since I made a nice dress! You can read my full review over here.


I used scrap fabric for the pockets, does it look familiar? Yep, Vincent's pink pants!


Vincent helped out with the photos. Just because it's Selfish Sewing doesn't mean I don't still deal with Mum Life ^_^ The inside of my dress has splats of honey and butter because children.


The original pattern is nice and simple but I self-drafted a pattern for the collar and added that on. It's kind of classic looking, but a wee nod to my heroine Wednesday Addams.


That's my little smug smile. I'm pleased that these photos are going better than round one ahah. Also I tried jumping, because jumping in dresses is hilarious and fun and I have the maturity of a five year old.



The skirt is gathered onto the bodice, but there is also elastic in the back to cinch it in a little. I really like this. It's not a boxy shapeless dress, and even without the elastic it fit quite well. It doesn't depend on a belt to be wearable. The darts give it some nice subtle shaping and it isn't hard to pull it on over your head.




This is definitely a pattern I am going to use again and again for myself! It has several different neckline and skirt options. And it's just getting warmer here so maybe some pretty dresses is just what I need!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I love it, Ari! I want to pin ALL the images of you flitting about your yard. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute! I love the pockets (and the fabric inside the pockets). Such a cute and simple dress, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you... You look so perfect in this!!!! XXXXXXXXOXOOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! Love the Wednesday Adams look. It looks really wearable too - the elastic at the back is genius. Probably great for chasing after children. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so adorable, the collar and inspiration are perfect. I really need to get a few more patterns for selfish sewing... but then I would need to buy fabric too ;op

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it hun!! Love all the pictures too, especially the jumping ones lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this looks great. And funny story....I saw this up on moxie and was reading along, and somehow missed the part where it said this post was from you. I saw the scientific seamstress and thought that was the blogger. And I was all ready to come tell you that I found your freaking identical twin. hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. I was (am) a massive Wednesday Adams fan... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your grown-up take on Wednesday Addams--what a wearable dress! I love the pockets, and your pocket fabric is a fun surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on the angie dress - great job on the collar and cute pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did I know you loved Wednesday Adams??? How did I not know that??? For the past month solid I've been trying to talk Grace into being Wednesday Adams for Halloween...her pale skin and long hair (that I'd color black). Finally I decided to just make the costume, dress her up for fun and then let her be whatever crazy thing she decides on.

    Anyways...love your Wednesday inspired dress!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! Your jumping pictures are truly amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!