Junebug Dress!

By ari - October 07, 2013


 Hey You!

Check out Edison's new dress! I got a cute bundle of fabric from the op shop, I thought it was adorable how they presented it. Inside was this lightweight blue granny floral fabric, paired with some dusky pink ribbing and some strange machine-knit dusky pink stretch fabric. They all paired together so well so I snapped it up knowing I would make a little outfit for Eddie!


So where are the other two fabrics? I made a Greenpoint Cardigan with them, however my buttonhole foot for my machine is missing, and my button foot is packed away in a storage container. 

Ugh.

So I have two awesome Greenpoint Cardigans waiting for buttons and buttonholes (and no I won't do them the old-fashioned way because there is one thing I am absolutely terrible at and that is handsewing!), so instead, meet the Junebug Dress (pattern by Craftiness is Not Optional)


This is just one of the patterns you can get in the Sew Fab Sale, and the first time I have sewn it as a dress! Many many many moons ago, before I was on Project Run & Play, one of the pattern remixes was the Junebug Dress. At the time I had a 2 year old Vinnie, and I made the dress into a little sailor suit! I never took proper photos of it and never entered it into the sew-a-long, but maybe one day I'll dig it out and take some pics ^_^

I made it up in the smallest size, 18months. It's a tad big on Edison, but the little girl is a-growing so it will be a perfect fit in no time! It was an easy sew, I'm really pleased with out the gathering of the skirt came together. I had issues with the buttons & buttonholes (for the above mentioned reasons) and I epicly smashed a button trying to sew it on. I need to desperately refill my button stash, I only have big black buttons, and it was a job trying to find four buttons that were a set that matched the dress.

And then I smashed one.

So I had to forage for a similar button, and at a quick glance I bet you can't even tell the odd one out ^_^

The only opening in the dress is the buttoned up front flap, which you only need to undo one side to get bubby in and out. The pattern goes all the way up to a size 8!


We are talking final HOURS left of the Sew Fab Sale. It's literally your last chance to buy this bundle at this amazing price. Once it's over, you will have to buy the patterns full price at their respective shops, so grab a bargain!

For one week onlytwenty-six pattern designers have come together to bring you 26 of their best PDF patterns, valued together at well over $2oo.oofor the incredible price of $29.95!!!  That’s over 80% off of the combined retail value!

26 amazing ePatterns from 26 well-known and up and coming designers are instantly accessible to you by PDF download upon purchase of the Sew Fab e-Pattern Bundle.  Here are the patterns that you will receive (click on the links below the images for more  information about each pattern.)



Reversible Zippy Hoodie from Kitschy CooAnanda Pants from CHOPSTIXThe Sally Dress from Very ShannonBest Harem Pants from Too Sweets Notebook Slipcover from GingercakeJunebug Dress from Craftiness Is Not OptionalFancy Pants Leggings from Titchy ThreadsSkinny Jeans from peek-a-booPajama Eaters from Sew FearlessRuffle Dress from Sumo's Sweet StuffGo To Cape for WomenSadie Grace Nightgown from Seamingly SmittenVintage V-Neck from Blank Slate PatternsZermatt Bow Swing Coat from See Kate SewTumble Tee from imaginegnatsNituna Jacket from Figgy'sGreenpoint Cardigan from Hey JuneGathers and Giggles Quilt from Sew Much AdoBilly Car Play Mat and Roll Up from Handmade TherapyBimaa Sweater from LouBee ClothingCandy Carousel Dress from Molly BlossomConvertible Clutch from LBG Studio Infinity Sweater from One Girl CircusUndies Pattern from From the Red KitchenOwl Backpack from The Sewing LoftEthan Shirt from the Scientific Seamstress

This Sew Fab e-Pattern Bundle is only available for one week and will never be available again!  You can purchase the bundle from September 30th at 8 a.m. EST through October 8th at 8 a.m. EST and there will be no late sales offered.  Due to the nature of the sale there are no refunds.

*Patterns included in the Sew Fab Pattern Bundle are intended for personal use only.  The selling of patterns without designer's permission is prohibited and punishable by law.  Please contact individual designers for licensing requirements if you desire to create and sell clothing from patterns that have been purchased through this sale.

**For answers concerning sale terms and customer service questions, please see the FAQ page.



Oh how do you like my big ol' rocking chair? I got it for $40 at a garage sale up the end of my parents' street. I just love it!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is adorable! And so is Edison, of course! (She's really just the cutest kid!) I got the SewFab bundle, but I haven't actually made anything with it, and meanwhile, you've made like five hundred things! This dress is adorable and definitely on my list for Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!! I am in love with the sweet shy pic standing in the rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out adorable... of course you have the perfect model too, but the fabric is just adorable. It's so great to see you sewing little dresses now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that rocker! I bet it's super comfy. I'm behind on my bloggy reading, but I'm so happy I checked this out cause she's so cute it's made me remember I wanted to make a junebug tunic for my girl :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!