Google Reader is retiring, so now what?

By ari - April 10, 2013

I opened my reader the other day on the laptop and got a message basically saying I had 48 hours to evacuate the premises. Google Reader apparently isn't very popular. Well I guess that makes me a hipster, because I relied heavily on that reader!

I had all the blogs I enjoy reading in it, so I could read them whenever I wanted and never miss a post.

On my phone, there wasn't a Google Reader app, so I downloaded a nifty little app called "Feedly". It took me a little bit to figure it out, but I learned to love it. It imported all the blogs I follow into it for me, which was great, and kept the categories I had already sorted them into (fashion, DIY fashion, DIY mamas, children's fashion, fitness, etc).

I was pretty stoked to find out that Feedly had an actual site, it wasn't just an app! So now I have Feedly bookmarked on my laptop. Bye Google Reader!

If you use bloglovin', you can follow me here, it's an alternative way of making sure you don't miss a post. Or you could subscribe to my blog via email, which is in the sidebar.

Or maybe I should start a newsletter :3

How do you keep track of your favourite blogs?








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Bloglovin' for me, only just transferred all the blogs over to it, but so far so good, in fact, reading your blog post on Bloglovin' right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just use my blogger account and add all the blogs to my reading list manually using the "ADD" button that is on the Blogger Dashboard page. It took me a long time to realize that when you click the ADD button it allows you to type in any website/blog etc instead of only being able to add blogger account blogs. Now I can check my comments& also check in on all my favorite blogs at the same time.

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the blogs that I follow have an actual link on my blog, very easy to keep track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use bloglovin and feedly- but never get around to checking those as often as I would like. The posts I really don't want to miss I subscribe via email ( just did to yours).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!