Pinchy & Punchy Pyjamas

By ari - April 03, 2013

A few months ago, we went to Yum Cha in Brisbane. The highlight of the meal, for Vinnie, was meeting Pinchy and Punchy the lobsters. Now they're just lobsters that you can choose to buy and eat, but Vin didn't know that. Tim named them, and since then we would always play games pretending we are Pinchy and Punchy the lobsters.


The fabric is this lobster print, from the Fabric Fairy. I bought it with part of my Project Run & Play prize. Seriously buying from online stores has really made me rethink my fabric-spending habits. I would much rather buy online, and have to wait a little while {Shipping to Australia takes forever. That's not an exaggeration..} for it to arrive, than to buy at any real stores here.


For one, the quality of the fabric is incredible. I've never felt anything so soft at any store here! And secondly, there is a MUCH better variety of stretch fabrics online than in stores.


I used a red cardigan/sweater for the cuffs, waistbands and neck binding. I used Rae's Flashback Skinny Tee in a size 4 {Vin is a size 3} for the top, and free-balled the leggings. Since I made them a size too big for him, the pants are falling off {going to add some elastic in the back I think} on him, but at least I know he will grow into them.


 I'm doing this thing where I am sewing for the future winter, it's cleverer that way. The kids have 0 clothes that will fit them this winter {Vincent will be 4 and Edison will be.. 1!} so I'm trying to plan some sort of winter wardrobe. The only problem is, Vin is in an anti-pants mode lately. He will constantly get changed into shorts, leaving little piles of pants and jocks on the floor from the toilet to his room.


We came to a compromise though. He gets to choose what he wants to wear when we are at home, but if we are leaving the house to go somewhere, or he is going to kindy, he must wear pants {or whatever I choose for him}. We pinky-promised on it.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I want to eat him up! AND his lobster pjs! Too cute. Too, too cute. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's so cute and he looks so stoked with them :) and I totally agree with you about all the fabric stores here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post for so many reasons. My sister was exactly like that at Vin's age, and she would play a game like punchy and pinchy for ages. Love the outfit and I also cannot believe how mature Vin's face looks, such a handsome guy :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!